03-16-2020- Press Release - City of Vallejo City Council Approves Emergency Declaration
VALLEJO, CA - The City of Vallejo City Council unanimously approved a declaration of local emergency during a special City Council Meeting tonight, following updates from City officials and following a Q&A with the City's Senior Leadership Team. A declaration of local emergency allows for greater flexibility in the deployment of City employees, acquisition of needed equipment, supplies and other resources to ensure continuity of City operations, and other State and Federal resources for the community.
City Manager Nyhoff also provided an update on the closing of and/or reduction in public hours at City facilities beginning Tuesday, March 17 through March 31, to reduce the potential spread of COVID-19. Many City staff will continue to work using social distancing protocols in the office or telecommuting. The City encourages the public that if they must conduct City business to make every attempt to do so online or by phone. Specific hours and additional information on City services is available on a central website at www.cityofvallejo.net/NCOV and in a press release here, Police Department press release here, and Water and Finance Department press release here.
All City Board and Commission Meetings are canceled through March 31. The City will provide additional information daily on the dedicated webpage, www.cityofvallejo.net/NCOV.
Additional Resources & Information
- Community Mitigation
- CDC instructions for how to take care of yourself at home when sick
- Solano Public Health Guidance for Vulnerable Populations at High Risk for Severe Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) (en espanol)
- State Health & Emergency Officials released guidance to prepare and protect homeless Californians and service providers from COVID-19, available here.
- Requirements on Social Gatherings: Executive Order
- Vallejo City Unified School District: https://vcusd-ca.schoolloop.com/coronavirusupdate
- Economic Impact: Go-Biz resources page
- Visit the Solano County Public Health Facebook page (@SolanoCountyPH)
- Register for Alert Solano to receive emergency alerts.
About City of Vallejo
The City of Vallejo, California is located in the Bay Area. The City serves a population nearly 122,000 people with a full service operation that includes police, fire, water, community planning, public works, and related professional administrative services. The city is home to a wealth of culture, attractions and events from the popular theme park Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, to museums, parks, music venues, art galleries, and theaters. One of the great small towns of Northern California, Vallejo's residents, businesses and City Council are working together to help make Vallejo a safe and clean place to live, work, and to enjoy all the attractions and events.